Monday, October 21, 2019

1 Corinthians 7

This chapter is definitely one that different religions have different views on. But, we are all here for God, and will respect each other’s points of views and thoughts. Also, we haven’t lived in each other’s shoes so we will not judge. I love each and every one of you for being here on the spiritual journey with me.

S: 1 Corinthians 7:13b-16 And if any woman has a husband who is an unbeliever, and he is willing to go on living with her, she should not divorce her husband. For the unbelieving husband is made holy through his wife… Otherwise your children would be unclean, where as in fact they are healthy. 

If the unbeliever separates, however, let him separate. The brother or sister it not bound in such cases; God has called you to peace. For how do you know, wife, whether you will save your husband…

O: Paul emphasizes Jesus call against divorce is not the case in which one person is not baptized Christian. He extends a principle of non separation as long as the union is peaceful. If it is no, the unbeliever can ask for an out. (Apparently this is called the “Pauline privilege” in Catholic marriage legislation). 

A: This area was very hard to read, as I have an unbelieving husband. His history and beliefs is not on blog mode, and I will keep those secrets. After reading this chapter, I remember I once had fear that my beliefs would not being important, but the love and respect that my husband and I have for each other trumps those fears. He agreed when we got married that I would raise the kids Catholic, and he wouldn't stop me. 

Our marriage, like most, have had ups and downs. But we have not jumped for the exit. 

K: Lord, thank you for all the blessings you have given me, even those hard to understand. My love for my family is strong, but to you is stronger. Guide me down the path you have chosen for me, and I will do your Will.

Image result for marriage rings clipart

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lack of Friends

Moving is hard. If you never have, it’s not something to take lightly. I haven’t moved nearly as many times as some people, but I have lived...