Monday, January 27, 2020

2 Kings 6






I have a few things I picked up on in today’s chapter.
2 Kings 6:7 “Pick it up,” he said. And the man reaches down and grasped it.


This is another place it shows God doing a miracle, but making the person in need act also. Elisha cut the stick and threw it in the water. The ax emerged. Elisha could have gotten the stick to the ground and even put it back in the man’s hand. Instead, he told the man to pick it up for himself. God did his part, and he expected the man to do his. God wants to shower us with everything we need, but he does expect us to take up our share of the work as well. 

2 Kings 6:16 “Do not be afraid,” Elisha answered. “Our side outnumbers theirs.”

Another Bible version reads “Do not fear, for who are with us are more than those who are with them.” Elisha’s servants was fearful of the army marching towards them. But Elisha assured him that God’s army outnumbers the others. Even though we can’t see the horses and fiery chariots, we can have faith that they are there, ready to help defend us in battle. I love this imagery and will try to keep this in mind, being protected by fiery chariots. Sometimes we need to be reminded that God is with us. He will never forsake us. I don’t know about you, but to read this and get the visual makes me feel stronger in that aspect. 

We should pray for the Lord to open our eyes in our times of need so we can see who is there for us. We shouldn’t have a reason to fear if we keep God first in our lives. And even if fear slips in, we know who to turn to for help.

Lord, I pray you open my eyes and keep them open so that I may have a reminder of your chariots near me. And so I may see the people you have put in my life to help me in times of need. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lack of Friends

Moving is hard. If you never have, it’s not something to take lightly. I haven’t moved nearly as many times as some people, but I have lived...