Friday, January 17, 2020

Snow day





This past Monday, schools were closed because of ice. They are off again today because of ice. So last night, I planned a day full of activities. Friday is usually my "clean house" day, so I decided they would help. First, we all cleaned* downstairs. Kids helped with all the cleaning: dust, pickup toys, and wipe baseboards. Then they took a break, and played with kinetic sand upstairs while I secretly set up an obstacle course downstairs. Next they helped cleaned their bedrooms and bathroom. I remember helping with chores when we were little. I'm very glad my mom made me learn to take care of my things and gave me responsibilities from an early age.




*I was with the children the entire time they cleaned. None of them used any harmful chemical cleaning products. We are fans of Norwex cleaning products, and use them throughout the house. 





After all the bedrooms and bathrooms were done, they went to go crush cans. While this may not seem like fun to some people, my kids will get money from the recycle place for the cans. And they get to take out frustrations on the cans. We all needs something to stomp on every once in a while. That's why I enjoy going to 9Rounds gym here in Manhattan. I love learning kickboxing, and I can take out my frustrations on the bags there.










After the entire house was done, I told them I had a surprise and brought them to the obstacle course downstairs. I explained it through, and then they started taking turns on it. They had so much fun! Thirty minutes later, they were still taking turns making it all the way through.




After lunch, we did some painting and play dough. Then nap time for the younger two, and rest time for Jeanne and myself. Even though they weren’t able to go outside today, I think they had a great day! Now to think of things for the next three days...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Lack of Friends

Moving is hard. If you never have, it’s not something to take lightly. I haven’t moved nearly as many times as some people, but I have lived...