Tuesday, September 1, 2020

Training for battle (Psalm 144)



Psalm 144:1 Blessed be the Lord, my rock, who trains my hands for battle. 

Without training, it wouldn't matter what tools we have in our hands. They wouldn't be successful. You can't just give someone a football and expect them to get VIP. Neither can you hand someone a sword expect greatness without training them. Untrained force can actually be a danger to the person wielding the weapon.  

David was a well trained warrior. He killed many in hand-to-hand combat. His hands were trained for that battle. More importantly,  God trained him with the sword of the spirit ("And take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God." Ephesians 6:17). Just like any other training, handing someone a Bible doesn't make them an expert. It takes years of training and studying before they can begin to understand God's word. The same as before, an untrained person with a Bible can actually do more harm than good. 

I pray that you Lord continue to train my hands for your battle. Help wield me in your defense, to fight against the evils of this life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lack of Friends

Moving is hard. If you never have, it’s not something to take lightly. I haven’t moved nearly as many times as some people, but I have lived...