Monday, July 5, 2021

He is Always There (Isaiah 59)

Isaiah 59:1 Lo, the hand of the Lord is not too short to save, nor his ear too dull to hear. 

Before, it was easy when I was in a tough circumstance to wonder, “where is God? Why is he not helping?” Looking back, I can see that I had put myself in the circumstance by not following God’s word. And he was patiently waiting on the sidelines for me to figure out what I had done. 

This isn’t always the case, and sometimes in life we will walk into terrible circumstances that seem unpreventable. But as we see here in Isaiah, God is never too far from us. If we don’t notice him in the immediate issue, we know he can help us heal. God won’t prevent all problems in life, as our circumstances can be used to help others. It doesn’t always seem fair, and I have complained and grumbled myself about “life isn’t fair,” but our God knows what is best.

Instead of blaming God for something going wrong, first we should look at ourselves and see if we were in the wrong, then repent and God to help us out of the mess we are in. Next, look to see how the situation can be used to help others. God loves us so much and wants to be with us, but I have come to learn he is definitely not a “helicopter parent.”



No comments:

Post a Comment

Lack of Friends

Moving is hard. If you never have, it’s not something to take lightly. I haven’t moved nearly as many times as some people, but I have lived...