Thursday, July 8, 2021

You are Precious (Isaiah 62)

Isaiah 62:3 You shall be a glorious crown in the hand of the Lord, a royal diadem held by your God.

Isaiah 62:5 …And as a bridegroom rejoice in his bride, so shall your God rejoice in you. 

Here, Isaiah was referring to the land, to the people as a whole. God had not forsaken them, and would restore them after all they had suffered. God rejoiced over his people when they came back to him. He wants to rain his praise and glory over them, sing and dance for them, as David once sang for God. 

Just as this reference was for the people, it is for you and me. God wants to rejoice over all his creation. He wants to pour out his love over you and me. He wants to sing for you and me. How would God’s song sound? Have you listened in the early morning to the birds? What about late evening to the frogs and crickets? They are singing for you. Think of those beautiful noises as little songs from God. They are his creation after all, and he put them there for us. 

Maybe it’s the sound of the busyness on the highway. Or the sound of paper being shuffled. Maybe it’s through a baby’s cry or a child’s laughter. God gave those gifts to you as well. Here them and thank him. He wants to pour his love over you. 

You are a precious beauty to God. He knows every hair on your head. You have not been forgotten. It may be dark, but God’s light is there. You just have to look for it. Let God’s calling in the night bring you back to him. Let him pour his love over you.

He wants to hold you, you are a precious jewel to God. He wants to show you off to the world, as his precious creation. Wherever you are in life, God is there waiting for you. In every aspect of your day, he is putting out little songs for you to here. Are you listening?


Lord, I thank you for all the songs you have given me in my life. I am sorry for not always listening. Thank you for loving me so much, that you continue to send them my way. Thank you for wanting me to be yours. Thank you for considering me precious. I will wear your crown. I will place it before your feet on my last day. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Lack of Friends

Moving is hard. If you never have, it’s not something to take lightly. I haven’t moved nearly as many times as some people, but I have lived...