Tuesday, July 6, 2021

Rise up (Isaiah 60)

Isaiah 60:1 Rise up in splendor! Your light has come, the glory of the Lord shines upon you.

The people of God have been living in darkness. But God has come! He is their eternal light. He is our eternal light. And we can be a light for others to see God. We can show them the way to heaven, where all glorious things are promised. No more war.  No more violence. No more tears. Only light, laugher, joy.

What are some ways I can be better at being a light? I know being a mother, my first place to be a light is for my children. I need to set an example for them to follow. And not just with my words, but with actions.   It only takes a little spark to get a whole fire burning, so even starting small with morning hugs. Trying to say “ok,” more instead of “in a minute.” Teaching them how to be more loving to each other. So they can use this kindness outside of the home.

Lord, I pray that I can be a light for my children. I pray I can be a light for others to see you. Guide me in where I am lacking. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Lack of Friends

Moving is hard. If you never have, it’s not something to take lightly. I haven’t moved nearly as many times as some people, but I have lived...