Wednesday, July 7, 2021

Joy of my Soul ( Isaiah 61)

Isaiah 61:10 I rejoice heartily in the Lord, in my God is the joy of my soul

What a beautiful verse. The joy of my soul is in God. God is the joy of my soul. When a break is needed from the chains of life, what do people usually do? Go on vacation. During summer, I have seen lots of pictures of people in different locations enjoying scenic views in their vacations. Those scenic views bring lots of joy. God made those scenes, God brings that joy. Do we all make that connection? When you are feeling “close to nature” whether in the mountains hiking, or down by the seashore, God made that nature. God made that joy for us. 

When I find that joy, when I let God be the center of my soul, I am much better person. I am more approachable, more understanding, more patient.  I am a better mom, wife, and friend. I’m working on keeping that joy and not letting the world come steal it from me. It is a daily battle. 

Keep reading in chapter 61: “he has clothed me with a robe of salvation, and wrapped me in a mantle of justice.” When we take a moment to find peace, I know take a deep breathe and sometimes feel an envelopment around me. Like God is wrapping me, separating me from the world for a moment. And it brings me joy.

We need to make time, not try to find time, but make it for God. We cannot enjoy the peace he has for us unless we make time for it. We need to stop what has taken over our lives and make time for God first. Then, we may get to have the joy in our soul that he wants to give. Then we may feel him wrapping salvation around us, enveloping us, separating us from the world. God is the joy of my soul. What brings yours joy?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Lack of Friends

Moving is hard. If you never have, it’s not something to take lightly. I haven’t moved nearly as many times as some people, but I have lived...