Thursday, July 7, 2022

Undivided Heart (2 Chronicles 19)

2 Chronicles 19:9 He gave them this command: “Thus you shall act: in the fear of the LORD, with fidelity and with an undivided heart.

Jehoshaphat was trying to create a legal system based on God’s law. To do this, the people in charge couldn’t have a divided heart, meaning that had to see everything as God did, not as the world did. They had to use wisdom in their decisions and judgements.

As Christians, we are called to do the same thing. No, we are not called to make judgements over people’s lives, but how we live our own life should be done with wisdom and fear of God. Making wise and godly choices will not always make us the most popular person. To walk with God takes courage, and removing people from our life that doesn’t bring us closer to God is a good first step. I have had to make choices lately of people I want to be associated with, so I have removed people from my social media whose principles don’t align with God’s law. Yes this is just social media, but I still didn’t want to have their lies in my day. I can’t divide my heart with God’s law and man’s preferences. Neither should you.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Lack of Friends

Moving is hard. If you never have, it’s not something to take lightly. I haven’t moved nearly as many times as some people, but I have lived...