Monday, July 4, 2022

Seek God First (2 Chronicles 16)

 2 Chronicles 16:7 Because you relied on the king of Aram* and did not rely on the LORD, your God, the army of the king of Aram has escaped your power.

*In other Bible versions, it is king of Syria instead of king of Aram. 

Asa foolishly put his trust in another man, a man with an army, to help protect Judah from Israel. Instead of praying to God about what to do, he took it upon himself to charge forward. We do this quite often, when something goes wrong, charging head first without stopping to think or pray. Sometimes we may get through the situation unscathed, but in the long run we may have overlooked something important that we did in fact loose. Most of the time though, it will be blatant what we are going to struggle with because we didn’t stop to ask God for help first. He has a plan for us, but we have to want it to get it. He gave us the ability to choose him. 

I know I need to pray to God more when things get overwhelming. But not even then. Something I had mild things come up that I should seek God’s help with. Lord, help me to not be so quick to answer or solve things. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Lack of Friends

Moving is hard. If you never have, it’s not something to take lightly. I haven’t moved nearly as many times as some people, but I have lived...