Friday, July 8, 2022

This is God’s Battle (2 Chronicles 20)

2 Chronicles 20:15 The LORD says to you: Do not fear or be dismayed at the sight of this vast multitude, for the battle is not yours but God’s.

Jehoshaphat learned that an enemy group was coming to attack them. This time, he didn’t turn to another king for help since he remembered he had been in the wrong joining with Ahab previously.  He gathered his people, and prayed to God asking for his help, saying that they alone didn’t know what to do and their eyes were turned towards him. The spirit came upon a Levite telling them this battle was for God.

Even though the spirit told them the battle was for God, they still all went out to face the other nations. They didn’t hide in fear, letting God do his work. They didn’t say, “Ehh, God’s got this. We don’t need to do anything.” They showed their faith but arriving, lining up, and singing praise to God. Their showed their dedication to God in their action. What are ways we can show our dedication to the Lord in this constant flood of evil?

I need to show up every day, praying. I can’t just sit on my couch, waiting for God to fix it. I need to put on my armor of God and be ready to handle the onslaught of negativity being thrown by those against our faith and beliefs. I need to stand my ground and now cower in the corner. Knowing God is going to battle for me, I don’t need to go out shouting and being ugly. But I still need to go out, singing his praise. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Lack of Friends

Moving is hard. If you never have, it’s not something to take lightly. I haven’t moved nearly as many times as some people, but I have lived...