Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Proverbs 5

S: Proverbs 5:15-16 15 Drink water from your own cistern,running water from your own well.16 Should your water sources be dispersed abroad,streams of water in the streets?

O: The water here could represent a person's affections or desires. We are not to want love and affection from someone outside our marriage. We should only drink in the love of our own marriage.

A: This chapter is beautiful in a way. It reminds us of God's love for us as well as love of a husband and wife. Just as we are married to our husband, we are married to God. If we seek love outside of the realms of our vows, we are also seeking love away from God. 

K: God I thank you for my husband and my family. I thank you for the bond of marriage. I am renewed every day as I wake up next to my husband and know that he is mine. Please keep my heart guarded against those who want me to stray. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lack of Friends

Moving is hard. If you never have, it’s not something to take lightly. I haven’t moved nearly as many times as some people, but I have lived...