Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Proverbs 7

S: Proverbs 7:17 I have sprinkled my bed with myrrh,with aloes, and with cinnamon.

O: in this chapter again we read about seduction and adultery. This verse the woman tells the young man she has her bed ready. The bed can reference a burial place. Also the spices she mentions were used in funeral feasts. The seductress and the act of adultery here will be the man's death.

A: when I am tempted by any trick of the devil, I must be strong enough to see that it could lead to my spiritual death. Any stray from God's word could not only hurt myself, but my family and friends. I must be true to God and myself.

K: Lord, keep me close. Protect me from the tricks of the evil one. Give me strength to avoid him.

1 comment:

  1. I can't help but think of the story of Sara, (Tobit 3:8) who had been married seven times, but the evil demon, Asmodeus, killed each husband before the marriage could be consummated.

    ReplyDelete

Lack of Friends

Moving is hard. If you never have, it’s not something to take lightly. I haven’t moved nearly as many times as some people, but I have lived...