My Family

My Family

Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Proverbs 7

S: Proverbs 7:17 I have sprinkled my bed with myrrh,with aloes, and with cinnamon.

O: in this chapter again we read about seduction and adultery. This verse the woman tells the young man she has her bed ready. The bed can reference a burial place. Also the spices she mentions were used in funeral feasts. The seductress and the act of adultery here will be the man's death.

A: when I am tempted by any trick of the devil, I must be strong enough to see that it could lead to my spiritual death. Any stray from God's word could not only hurt myself, but my family and friends. I must be true to God and myself.

K: Lord, keep me close. Protect me from the tricks of the evil one. Give me strength to avoid him.

No comments:

Post a Comment