Wednesday, April 6, 2022

Stay Close to Those who know Your Heart (1 Chronicles 5:23-26)

1 Chronicles 5:23-26 The half-tribe of Manasseh lived in the land of Bashan as far as Baal-hermon… men who were warriors, famous men, and heads over their ancestral houses. However, they acted treacherously toward the God of their ancestors by prostituting themselves to follow the gods of the peoples of the land, whom God had destroyed before them. Therefore the God of Israel stirred up against them the anger of Pul…
The people of this group were godly men, faithful leaders. Then they moved away from their land and what they knew, away from their spiritual center. They allowed their minds to get filled with filth and failed to guard their hearts. 
This happens so often today. If someone find themselves in a new location and allows themself to fall to the desire to “fit in,” they might find themself lowering their standards. If there isn’t a good, stable, Christian environment to fit in with, it’s too easy to fall away. Every the strongest of will will try to adapt to their new place. Many immigrants fall from their spiritual center when moving to a new country. Eventually, they loose sight of their ancestry as the new location smothers out their beliefs. Even children moving to a new school can struggle with this. Trying to make new friends and wanting to be accepted can make us let go of what we hold true. 
When we had moved to Little Rock back in 2008, I didn’t have that opportunity. I made friends with people at work, and allowed myself to hang out with people who had very different views that I don’t accept. I let myself let my guard down and got lost. It took me to a dark place, and I was scared. I was very glad when we relocated to another state and I found a great set of people that changed my world. I was so sad when we had to move again last summer. I as finally happy, filled by God’s love. I was afraid to go through what I went through in LR again.  I was fortunate that when we moved to our city, my husband’s job had a person hired to help the spouses get acquainted with people. Through her, I met a great Catholic family, and through them more. And they all go to the school my kids attend, and we go to church together. It has made this move so much better. 
We can help others by reaching out to new people and help them find their landing place so they don’t potentially get lost in the crowd. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Lack of Friends

Moving is hard. If you never have, it’s not something to take lightly. I haven’t moved nearly as many times as some people, but I have lived...