Friday, April 22, 2022

You are Not Alone in Your Battles (1 Chronicles 20)

1 Chronicles 20:8 These were the descendants of the Rephaim of Gath who died at the hands of David and his servants.

Te author of Chronicles was careful to write this sentence so it said "of David AND his servants." It wasn't David alone who went into battle. It wasn't only David who took down the enemy. His servants helped. They because they were asked to. They helped because they were needed. They helped so David wouldn't have to do it alone. 

You are not alone in your battles. There are people God put in your life to help you each day win over the devil's lies. They will be there because they want to, because they know they are needed. It is ok to need help. It is ok to have to depend on another for help. Just last night, my son had First Communion practice at 5:30-6:30, my oldest had soccer at 5:30-7,  my youngest had soccer at 6-7, and then my son had a baseball game at 7:30. I began to panic on how I would get this all accomplished, as husband was on call at the hospital, and that usually means late evenings.  I remembered the people God had recently put in my life. I reached out to a few parents who also had kids going to one of these things, and they were able to pick up or drop off so I could get all my kids where they were supposed to be without being frantic. This isn't the most dramatic thing or most serious thing out there, BUT when we find ourselves feeling frantic, we need to reach out. Our battle companions are there, waiting to help us win.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Lack of Friends

Moving is hard. If you never have, it’s not something to take lightly. I haven’t moved nearly as many times as some people, but I have lived...