Tuesday, April 19, 2022

Who am I (1 Chronicles 17)

1 Chronicles 17:16 Who am I, Lord God, and what is my house, that you should have brought me so far?

God had promised that He would David’s enemies, and he would build a he for David. David asks a question very similar to one many of us ask. Who am I that you, God, would bless me? With all the billions of people in the world, how am I any greater than anyone else? I am not anyone special. I was not born to rich parents or under sovereign rule. I make mistakes daily. Yet God still sees something in me that  he thinks is worthy to give blessings to. If he can see worth in me, why can I not see it in myself?

There are days, Lord, I have to remind myself I am worthy of your love. Even when I have sinned, you have given your life for me. Thank you for loving me and continuing to pursue me. Thank you for calling me yours. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Lack of Friends

Moving is hard. If you never have, it’s not something to take lightly. I haven’t moved nearly as many times as some people, but I have lived...