Monday, April 4, 2022

Where do You Come From? (1 Chronicles 1-2)

The book of Chronicles tells us the lineage of David. Around 500 BC, the person who wrote the Chronicles compiled the history to show to true lineage from Adam to David. The may have done this to have proof written down of David’s true claim to rule. He uses several books in the Bible to get his history correct, including Genesis, Exodus, Numbers, Joshua and Ruth. 

I love ancestry and to see how things all tie together. As I was reading these first two chapters, I recognized names from previous stories we have gone through in the Old Testament. It was neat to read again how they all piece together. And seeing how the David line leads to Jesus, all these beginning people were important. 

Have you ever tried to grace your lineage? I can trace mine back to 1545 France. I haven’t tried further,  but I know with sites like ancestry.com, it probably wouldn’t be so hard. To see names and dates, people and places, all who had to come together for me to be here, it can be a bit overwhelming. Just as all the names in the first 2 chapters can be. But each one is there for a reason. Just like our names will be in someone’s lineage one day. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Lack of Friends

Moving is hard. If you never have, it’s not something to take lightly. I haven’t moved nearly as many times as some people, but I have lived...