Friday, April 23, 2021

God Loves Us (Isaiah 33)

 Isaiah 33:2 O Lord, have pity on us, for you we wait. Be our strength every morning, our salvation in time of trouble.

After the Israelites had been brought low, after they realized their terrible mistake of doubting the Lord, after he nearly crushed the people, they saw their error in not trusting him. But they had to be brought down first. They had to be left to crumble in their own holes they made. The Lord couldn’t make them love Him, as he can’t make us. He wants us to with our own free will. Sometimes to find Him, we have to hit rock bottom first before we realize he was right there all along.

I had been engaged before my husband. I thought I was in love, and I might truly have been. This man and I were not living according to God’s teaching, though we tried to lead a group of people in His word. I didn’t realize just how far from God we really were. I clung on to this relationship with every strength I had, not trusting in God. This was all I knew. When that man ended it, I was devastated. I didn’t turn to God for safe keeping as I was not in the place I needed to be. I met my future husband, and we didn’t start on any better path than I had been before. And soon, another door slammed in my face. Not quite like before, but again I was devastated. Everything I had known and planned suddenly came to a halt. But this time, the Lord gave me a glimmer of hope. And I clung to that. And so slowly, I learned to turn to God to fill those voids in my life. And I can now see the err of my ways, but then it wasn’t possible for me to admit them. I hope to be able to use my wrong paths to help guide my children on how to seek and find God’s love instead of love of the world. 

Lord, I am sorry for doubting your power and control. I am so thankful you are in control, because this world gets overwhelming. Thank you for your everlasting grace and mercy to those who believe. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Lack of Friends

Moving is hard. If you never have, it’s not something to take lightly. I haven’t moved nearly as many times as some people, but I have lived...