Wednesday, April 28, 2021

Who is Leading Your Army? (Isaiah 36)

Isaiah 36:4b On what do you base this confidence of yours?

Isaiah 36:7 But if you say to me: “We rely on the Lord, our God,” is he not the one whose high places and altars Hezekiah removed?

This is one of the battles Isaiah had been preaching to Judah about. Assyria came down and was trying to convince King Hezekiah to ally with Assyria and not Egypt, even saying they should not trust in the Lord for help. The commander of Assyria several times tried to goad the representatives of Hezekiah and Judah by mentioning them trusting in the Lord. He claims the Lord would be insulted because Hezekiah removed the high temples and altars, but those were illegal sanctuaries and Hezekiah removed them in the name of the Lord. 

The commander even claimed the Lord had told him to come down and destroy the land. He tried to tell the people not to listen to Hezekiah’s words of trusting in the Lord, and to trust in the Assyrian army instead. The Assyrians wanted to have claim over Judah, and not let Egypt take them. 

We have this same struggle in our lives today. Who do you trust when things begin to darken? Do you trust the people around you? The media? The things you have? In God alone, in good times and bad, is where our trust should be. He is on our side in every battle. We just have to call for his help. 

Lord you fight my every battles, and I praise your name. They don’t always end the way I would have wanted, but Lord, I know your will is always better. Thank you for loving me enough to continue to fight for me. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Lack of Friends

Moving is hard. If you never have, it’s not something to take lightly. I haven’t moved nearly as many times as some people, but I have lived...