Thursday, April 15, 2021

On That Day (Isaiah 27)

 Isaiah 27:1, 2, 12 & 13 all being with “On that day,” and we are reminded of the judgement of the Lord against Satan and all evil. The Lord will punish [Satan] with his sword. He will glean the people as farmers glean grain from a field, taking only the good and leaving the bad to rot. And a great trumpet will blow to call all the lost sheep home. 


On that day, it will be wonderful. But until that day, we must know and keep the Lord first in our lives. We don’t know when that day will be, so we must stand firm against evil and it’s scheming every single day until then. And I have a feeling as that day does get closer, Satan will get a lot trickier with his lies, trying to get us to believe the sins we are in aren’t so bad. He will try to get us to turn to the world’s beliefs instead of the church’s. And those are two VERY different set of beliefs. 


If we continue daily to put on our armor against Satan and the desires of the flesh, we will always be one step closer. We will be ready when God calls. And though the final judgement may not happen in our lifetime, it is our duty to prepare ourselves and prepare our children. 


Lord, thank you for wanting to create me. I am here for a reason. You make no mistakes. You have a design for me. Lord, your will be done, for I am your servant. Thank you for the blessings you have bestowed upon my family and myself. I pray you are always by my side as I face the world. Amen.  




No comments:

Post a Comment

Lack of Friends

Moving is hard. If you never have, it’s not something to take lightly. I haven’t moved nearly as many times as some people, but I have lived...