Wednesday, April 14, 2021

What do you trust? (Isaiah 26)

 Isaiah 26:4 Trust in the Lord forever! For the Lord is an eternal Rock.

As we go through life, there will be ups and downs. In those times, what we choose to trust, what we choose to follow will make a big difference in the outcome of the situation. A big example is professional sports players, who get these ridiculously huge contracts. They are a great player and think they will be able to make this money forever. So they spend it on extravagant houses, cars, etc. They put their trust in themselves, their ability, their money. Then something happens, and they are unable to play anymore. Or even before that, they realize they have spent all their money, or for whatever other reason they try to sell that extravagant house and can't. They are not bankrupt. Had they put their trust in the Lord first, maybe they wouldn't have been brought down, tumbled to the ground. 

In our everyday lives, we also need to be aware of where we put our trust. God is the only one who can truly fill every want we have and every desire. He is the only who can fill all those empty crevices in our life, where we keep trying to do new things to fill a void. Trusting in God will lay out the path to eternal happiness.

Lord I will place you first in my thoughts and in my life. I trust in the path you have me on, that it will not falter, but even if I stumble, you will be there to catch me. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Lack of Friends

Moving is hard. If you never have, it’s not something to take lightly. I haven’t moved nearly as many times as some people, but I have lived...