Wednesday, April 21, 2021

Trust in God (Isaiah 31)

Isaiah 31:3 The Egyptians are men, not God, their horses are flesh, not spirit.

The Israelites kept turning to men to help them in their time of need.  Isaiah tried to get them to understand  that the Egyptians were men only, and not God. They thought using the power of the Egyptian army would help them in battle. They did not trust in a God’s word. Men die. Horses falter. God is forever. 

It’s easy to trust in money, a job, the stock market, a friend, a man’s word, etc. But all those things can change in the drop of a hat. God is the one who is alway by our side. He will help us fight our battles when we trust in him. Our God is forever. He is what has been, what is, and what always will be. It is so tempting to trust in the here and now when we can’t see what’s ahead. He knows you. He knows what you need more than you know yourself. Trust in him. 

Lord, I first turn to you in times of trouble. I give you my worries and fears so the devil doesn’t use them against me. Thank you for hearing me. Thank you for leading this battle. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Lack of Friends

Moving is hard. If you never have, it’s not something to take lightly. I haven’t moved nearly as many times as some people, but I have lived...