Tuesday, April 20, 2021

Bread of Life (Isaiah 30)

 Isaiah 30:20 The Lord will give you the bread you need and the water for which you thirst.

I am always in awe when we come across these prophecies in the Old Testament. Not that the New Testament and Jesus himself doesn’t end all questioning about the truth, but finding little nuggets of future truth in the Old writings, predating Jesus, helps to solidify that he was meant to come. That God indeed planned for his coming to earth years before it happened. 

In the book of John 4, he tells the woman at the well, “...whoever drinks the water I shall give will never thirst; the water I give will become in him a spring of water welling up to terns life.” And in chapter 6, “I am the bread of life; whoever comes to me will never hunger, and whoever believes in me will never thirst.” We just celebrated Lent and Easter. We know Jesus IS the bread of life for us, because he told us so before he gave his life for us. 

God promised his people all these things years before Jesus came. They just had to believe and wait, knowing their future was in God’s hands if they did. Sometimes they did try to move ahead of ahead of God, seeking help from man, and it never ended well for them. We too must be patient for the promises God offers us. He knows what he is doing, he has been doing it for a millennia. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Lack of Friends

Moving is hard. If you never have, it’s not something to take lightly. I haven’t moved nearly as many times as some people, but I have lived...