Thursday, April 22, 2021

Where is Your Heart? (Isaiah 32)

Isaiah 32:9 O complacent ladies, rise up and hear my voice, overconfident women give heed to my words.

God was calling to the women of the time to rise out of their self-satisfied ways and prepare for the righteous king. They lived with a false security, thinking nothing of potential harm. They allowed their desires of the flesh to control them. Had they been living with God in their hearts, there would have been no need to speak to them about getting their act together. 

As Christian women, we should be preparing the way for our children, teaching them how to live a Christian life by living it. We should be showing how to turn away from earthly desires and focusing on spiritual desires. We need to show them how to walk with the King. We cannot show how to do the right thing if we are living in the wrong. 

We can only live without fear if we have God and the Holy Spirit guiding our hearts. And they cannot guide our heart if there is other things filling it. 

Lord I pray you help me keep my heart open and pure for your guidance. That with the Holy Spirit, I can live in righteousness and peace. I cannot do it without you, Lord. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Lack of Friends

Moving is hard. If you never have, it’s not something to take lightly. I haven’t moved nearly as many times as some people, but I have lived...