Tuesday, April 27, 2021

Road to Heaven (Isaiah 35)

Isaiah 35:8, 9b-10 A highway will be there, called the holy way; no one unclean may pass over it, nor fools go straight on it... It is for those with a journey to make, and on the redeemed will work. Those whom the Lord has ransomed will return and enter Zion singing, crowned with everlasting joy; they will meet with joy and gladness, sorrow and mourning will flee.

After hanging a few days of doom and gloom, it is joyous to hear these words. Even as I read the aloud, my heart lightened and filled with joy. We, the believers, are called to be strong and fear not. God will come with unburden us and save us. We will be set free from the chains of the world and go into everlasting glory. 

Now I am full aware that this may not be in my lifetime, not my children’s children’s lifetime. But is so good to know that the Lord has a plan set forth for those who believe. Yes there will be suffering before redemption, but God will redeem his people. He will clear a way for us to walk straight to him and there will be no more sorrow or mourning. 

Lord, I praise you for all the gifts you have bestowed upon me. I know that without you, without the Holy Spirit, without the Son, I would be nothing. It is through Jesus death and resurrection I am forgiven. It is through the Holy Spirit, I can praise you with my gifts. And it is through your love I am allowed to be here. Praise be to God, my father. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Lack of Friends

Moving is hard. If you never have, it’s not something to take lightly. I haven’t moved nearly as many times as some people, but I have lived...