Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Matthew 12

Good morning and happy St. Patrick's Day!

Matthew 12:35 From the fullness of the heart the mouth speaks. A good person brings forth good out of goodness, but an evil person brings forth evil out of a store of evil.

Jesus was talking to the Pharisees as they watched him drive out demons. He acknowledged that the Pharisees could not admit Jesus was good because of the evil in their hearts. Jesus goes on to say that on the day of judgement, all will be held accountable for the words they speak.

If we have evil in our hearts, we cannot fully accept Jesus. We must rid ourselves of the evil, which can be anything from doubt to viciousness against others. We may forget in a week, a month or ten years the hateful things we said, but we will have to answer to it on judgement day. 

Lord, I pray you help hold my tongue, calm my heart and thoughts when someone has transgressed against me, that I might not speak, feel, or think evil agains them. I want to have a pure heart for you. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lack of Friends

Moving is hard. If you never have, it’s not something to take lightly. I haven’t moved nearly as many times as some people, but I have lived...