Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Matthew 2

Matthew 2:10 After having been warned in a dream not to return to Herod, they departed for their country by another way. 
Matthew 2:11 When they had departs,the angel of th Lord appeared to Jospeh in a dream and said, "Rise, take th child and his moth, flee to Eqypt, and stay the until I too you. Herod is going to search for the child and detroy it."
Matthew 2:19 when Herod had died, the angel of the Lord appeared in a dream to Joseph in Eqypt and said " Rise, take th child and his mother and go to the land of Israel, for those who sought the child's life are dead.

In these three verses in this chapter, God forewarns the Magi and Joseph of things to come. He has done this throughout the bible and as we continue on our bible study, we will see many more times God forewarns his people in appearances of angels or in dreams.

I was taught God gave us the ability to know right from wrong. And that he gave us a subconscious to be able to sense when things are wrong. I feel that when we are in a situation, and we get the feeling that something isn't right, that is God's way of forewarning us to leave the situation. 

I think one example for me of God trying to remove me from a bad situation is when I was previously engaged to someone else. I was far from home, had met this guy in college, thought I was in love, you know the story. Things were starting to get rocky between us in the end, and I always had that feeling of something isn't right. But I ignore it. And then one night, he broke it off with me and told me to leave. Now, it may not have been God stepping in between us, but He was surely helping me out and getting me out of a bad situation. Now I am happily married and mother of soon to be three :)

Lord, I thank you for always trying to intervene when you know something is wrong, and I am sorry for not always wanting to listen. Please continue to allow me to feel the uneasiness of situations and know hear trying to protect me. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lack of Friends

Moving is hard. If you never have, it’s not something to take lightly. I haven’t moved nearly as many times as some people, but I have lived...