Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Matthew 7

Matthew 7:4 How can you say to your brother, 'Let me remove that splinter from your eye,' while the wooden beam is in your eye?

It is so easy to see the faults of othe people. And it is easy to point them out. Here, Jesus is asking us not to point out other people's faults without first recognizing our own. It is hard for some people to see their own faults, to accept their faults, and to be humble about them. An easy example is the person who complains that their coworker is either always late or doesn't stay long enough while that person is enjoying their second 30 minute break of the day. Sure it's easy to see the coworker isn't accountable for his time, but the first person isn't either and doesn't see their own fault. 

Lord, please make my heart more gracious towards others and help me hold my tongue and thoughts until I can fist deal with my own shortcomings. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lack of Friends

Moving is hard. If you never have, it’s not something to take lightly. I haven’t moved nearly as many times as some people, but I have lived...