Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Matthew 3

Matthew 3:4 John wor clothing made of camel's hair and had a leather belt around his waist. His food was locusts and wild honey.

It appears that John was a simply dressed man, and one may have considered m crazy looking. But he was appointed by God to baptize Jesus, even though he knew he was not holy enough to undo Jesus's sandals. His food was bugs and honey. How strange to constantly be fasting. But he knew three were good things to come through Jesus. Maybe he was preparing himself.

We don't need all the riches in the world, the fancy dress, the exquisite meal to know God. We just need a pure heart, and God will make a home in us. 

Lord, I pray I can overcome worldly temptations and see these things are not what are important. I need to humbly give myself to you. Amen,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lack of Friends

Moving is hard. If you never have, it’s not something to take lightly. I haven’t moved nearly as many times as some people, but I have lived...