Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Matthew 13

Matthew 13:12-13 To anyone who has, more will be given and he will grow rich; from anyone who has not, even what he has will be taken away. This is why I speak to them in parables, because 'they look but do not see and hear but do not listen or understand.'

Jesus had just spoken to the crowd, and the disciples asked why he spoke to them in parables. It was because they were not ready to see and hear what Jesus had to say. They had not yet been made worthy of understanding.

When I first read this section I was confused because I thought Jesus was saying the rich would get more and the poor would get less, which contradicts his other teachings. Maybe it was because I wasn't ready  to understand. But I get now that those who have the knowledge of Jesus will continue to get more and be rich, and those who do not have the knowledge will have everything taken from them. We must be ready to see, hear and listen, and understand the knowledge of the kingdom of God. 

Lord, open my eyes, my heart, and my mind so that I am ready to know you. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lack of Friends

Moving is hard. If you never have, it’s not something to take lightly. I haven’t moved nearly as many times as some people, but I have lived...