Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Leviticus 2

S: Leviticus 2:13 However, every cereal offering that you present to the Lord shall be seasoned with salt. Do not let the salt of the covenant of your God be lacking from your cereal offering. On every offering you shall offer salt. 

This verse intrigued me because I have no idea what the salt covenant was. I found this

http://www.vawtermark.com/COVENANT_OF_SALT.htm

The author mentions that the salt covenant is is a symbol of incorruptibility and permanence. The act of eating together is a bonding commitment. So adding salt to the offering showed the covenant as permanent and indestructible. 

K: Lord I pray I add enough salt to my spiritual life to show that my covenant with you is permanent and indestructible. I do not want to take your word lightly. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lack of Friends

Moving is hard. If you never have, it’s not something to take lightly. I haven’t moved nearly as many times as some people, but I have lived...