Monday, April 27, 2015

Leviticus 6

Good morning. I hope everyone had a restful weekend. 

S: Leviticus 6:5 The fire on the altar is to be kept burning; it must not go out. Every morning the priest shall put firewood on it. On this he shall lay out the holocaust and burn the fat of the peace offering.

O: God told Moses to make sure the fire was continuous for the offerings. It would be a constant chore to have someone watching the fire to make sure it didn't go out, with a priest adding firewood tide a day to the fire, and another priest taking out the burnt ashes. 

A: if we consider Jesus's death and resurrection as our peace offering with God, the fire is in out heart and souls. It is our want to be with God. Daily reflections can help "add firewood" as well as "take out the ashes (ask for forgiveness of sins)". We are the fire keepers. We must keep the fire lit. 

K: Lord, humble me so I seek you daily, constantly. There is nothing I can do on my own. Help me to add firewood to the fire you lit in my heart. Amen.



What are some ways to keep the fire lit? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lack of Friends

Moving is hard. If you never have, it’s not something to take lightly. I haven’t moved nearly as many times as some people, but I have lived...