Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Leviticus 3

Levictius 3 talks of peace offerings and specific parts of the animal to be sacrificed. After doing some research, I found that after God's portion of fat and kidneys/liver were placed on the altar, the breast meat was given to the priests and then the offerer got the remainder. The meat had to be eaten that same day, so basically the peace offering was a large dinner between the offerer, his family, the priest and his family, and God. 

When we receive communion at church, and partake in the last supper, we are sharing the dinner with our family, the priest, and God. Jesus is the sacrifice brought to the altar, Jesus is the priest who divides the sacrifice, and Jesus is God, in which we offer sacrifices to. Jesus is th peace offering. 

Lord, I pray that each and every time I receive communion I take the time to realize the bigger meaning of the sacrifice of your son. He is the peace offering between you and me. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lack of Friends

Moving is hard. If you never have, it’s not something to take lightly. I haven’t moved nearly as many times as some people, but I have lived...