Monday, November 12, 2012

Thankful day 10

Today I am thankful for books. Without books, we would not be able to imagine, dream, be inspired, or hope. We would not be able to become educated about history. Yes there are ways to pass down stories by word of mouth. But as we learned from the game as kids, the stories always would change just a little but before it got to the end of the line.

 As a kid, I would get lost in the stories I read, dreaming of far off lands. Still to this day, I get lost in the books, imagining myself as the main character. I am thankful for hard copies of our history so that our great great grandchildren will know how we lived.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lack of Friends

Moving is hard. If you never have, it’s not something to take lightly. I haven’t moved nearly as many times as some people, but I have lived...