Friday, December 12, 2014

Psalm 17

Psalm 17:8 Keep me as the apple of your eye; keep me in the shadow of your wings from the violence of the wicked.

 Many times I have heard parents say their children are the "Apple of their eye," and here we see the psalmist asking God to keep him as such. God made us in his image, and this verse is a reminder that we are his children and we want him to protect us young birds (children) keep hidden under their parents wings. And he will. He is the shepherd who will leave his 99 sheep just to find the one, because we are all special and all loved.

I pray daily for God's protection for myself, my family, and the world. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lack of Friends

Moving is hard. If you never have, it’s not something to take lightly. I haven’t moved nearly as many times as some people, but I have lived...