Monday, December 15, 2014

Psalm18

Psalm 18:25 You, Lord, give light to my lamp. My God brightens the darkness about me.

Psalm 18 was lengthy and full of encouraging words of God saving the psalmist from his enemies. This one verse stuck with me. In times of trouble, God is our light. When we are lost, he will brighten the darkness so we can find our way. I heard a woman on the radio the other day talking about how her daughter had gotten lost when they were in the woods, and the daughter continued to sing a song she heard earlier on KLove and eventually found her way out of the woods, some 10 hours later. I know this isn't always the outcome of stories we hear, but it is encouraging. God is with us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lack of Friends

Moving is hard. If you never have, it’s not something to take lightly. I haven’t moved nearly as many times as some people, but I have lived...