Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Exodus 22

I think having been slaves to the Egyptians limited the Israelites to nothing. They owned nothing. Then when they are freed, they now have all of these belongings and aren't sure how to handle themselves. There must have been cheating and stealing, jealousy of another's property to bring about these rules. These same things happen today, which is why we also have laws. To keep people in order. The same reason we give children rules. So they learn what is appropriate and what isn't. 

A verse taken away for me is Exodus 22:20 "You shall not molest or oppress an alien, for you were once aliens yourselves in the land of Egypt." It has been hard for me to watch all he political stuff on TV, especially about the immigrants coming into America for free. I may not agree with how the government is handling it, but this verse right here reminds me that we were once aliens to this country too. Met of us came from somewhere else. My ancestors were kicked out of France, and then kicked out of Nova Scotia. We were aliens twice in to new countries and were allowed to stay here. Now there is a system set up that people can go through to become a citizen. I think something we as Christians can do to help is to help the immigrants who want to stay along the right path to being a citizen. Maybe help them learn the customs of our country, or the history so they can understand the test. I'm sure if we looked into it, there are lots of ways to donate our time to welcoming the aliens

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lack of Friends

Moving is hard. If you never have, it’s not something to take lightly. I haven’t moved nearly as many times as some people, but I have lived...