Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Exodus 37

Exodus 37 continues the building of the temple. The details were given when God told Moses, and the details are repeats again here as it is being built. I think the repetition is important to show God wanted his dwelling to be specific. I do not believe the builders completely understood the magnitude of the task of building God's dwelling box. The discussion question today asks if we truly comprehend the magnitude of the truth of God  dwells inside of his children. Do we care for his temple as we should?

1 Corinthians 3:16 Do you not know that you are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwells in you? If anyone destroys God's temple, God will destroy that person; for the temple of God, which you are, is holy.

I think as Christian parents, this may be an important issue to have in the forefront of discussions with our children as they grow. So that they may understand at an early age exactly what it means to be a temple for God. Sure, I remember hearing the verse growing up. But I did not fully understand its meaning. And now looking back, I wish I would have done some things different, as I do not believe I was always fitting to be a temple for God. But now I strive each day to be that temple so others may see God through me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lack of Friends

Moving is hard. If you never have, it’s not something to take lightly. I haven’t moved nearly as many times as some people, but I have lived...