Friday, February 20, 2015

Exodus 35

Exodus 35:29 Every Israelite man and woman brought to the Lord such voluntary offerings as they thought best, for the various kinds of work which the Lord had commanded Moses to have done. 

Moses asked the people to bring a contribution "as his heart prompts him" to give to the Lord for the table, tent, linen etc. The people searched their hearts and did this. 

God calls us to give back from which he has blessed us with. We are taught in church to tithe 10% of our income yearly. This has always been hard for me to do. I need to sit down and look at our finances and regroup to try and give back more. But there are other ways we can give back to God besides money. Volunteering at church functions, helping teach religion, helping with programs for the children or elderly, food drives, clothing drives, etc. Even though some church try to make it all about money, the time you spend helping at church is also giving back. 

I pray this week that God continues to give me strength in my search for a common ground of teaching religion in my household.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lack of Friends

Moving is hard. If you never have, it’s not something to take lightly. I haven’t moved nearly as many times as some people, but I have lived...