Monday, February 23, 2015

Exodus 36

Snow, snow, eveywhere! Another snow day here in central Arkansas. Schools and daycare closed, meaning kids stayed home, meaning I had to take the day off work. I worked 8 hours yesterday as my husband had to go in on Saturday. But I was hoping to put the 8 hours towards maternity leave later. Well, at least it will cover today so I don't have to use annual leave :/

Exodus 36:3 They receive from Moses all the contributions which the Israelites had brought for establishing the service of th sanctuary. Still, morning after morning the people continued to bring their voluntary offerings to Moses. 

The Israelites had brought so much in offerings, Moses actually had to ask them to stop making contributions! Can you imagine in the people of the world who had gave for those who had not so often, that the organizations would ask them to stop? How amazing would that be. The sad part is it could happen if we wanted it to. It's just that not everyone has a generous heart like Jesus asks of us. 

In Chapter 36, the Israelites begin working on the camp God wanted, made it according to his every single detail he prescribed to Moses. God asked for very specific details, and the people listened. And a beautiful camp is being made. God does love details. And he puts so much time into every one. If one side of the veil was shorter, it wouldn't work. If there was 49 loops instead of 50, it wouldn't work. God knew these details needed to be exact. 

Just as exact are the details of each one of us. Some of us are quieter than others. Some have different talents. A certain hair color or eye color. As Bob and Larry say at the end of each Veggie Tale, God made us special and he loves us very much. He loves every detail about us. There may be days we wonder why we are the way we are. Especially if you are a teenage girl who isn't fitting in. I've been there. It took a long time to realize I did fit in exactly where I was meant to. My group of friends may have been a bit nerdy, but we looked out for each other, we never caused trouble, and we all turned out ok. We weren't football players or cheerleaders, but we all know people go to the football game to watch the band perform anyway ;)

God loves detail and cares about every moment of our life. And a turn of events for me today: it started snowing hard at 11, so my boss ended up telling all my coworkers to go home, giving us the day! So I didn't lose any hours today and get to keep my 8 towards maternity leave (praying nothing comes up before then). 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lack of Friends

Moving is hard. If you never have, it’s not something to take lightly. I haven’t moved nearly as many times as some people, but I have lived...