Monday, August 3, 2020

Psalm 123




Psalm 123:1 To you I raise my eyes, to you enthroned in heaven.

When my oldest was a toddler, I remember saying so many times, “keep your eyes up when you are walking, and you’d trip less.” She would constantly be looking at her feet when she was walking, and wouldn’t see what she was fixing to walk into. In the same view, as adults, we need to stop looking towards our current situation, where we are in this instant, and look up toward God, or we may not see what is coming ahead on our path.

God is our guide, our protector. God will not let us fall, but he also doesn’t want us walking blindly under a tree with a beehive swarming because we are looking down. Just like he wouldn’t want us to go though life, living blindly one moment at a time without care for what is coming ahead. He wants us to look up. To see him. To know he is in control, he can provide, he will give mercy. Even though we may not get what we think we need right away, doesn’t mean God isn’t listening. How many times throughout Psalms have we read “I cried out,” as someone was waiting for a response from God? But they don’t give up, they don’t just wallow in self pity, looking down at their own circumstances. They stay ready, watching for the Lord. They continue to ask, over and over, and continue to be looking up for God.

Lord, I pray for your mercy and understanding. You know my prayer, and have heard it before, but I will continue to pray to you, I will continue looking up, because I know you are there. I know you love me and will care for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lack of Friends

Moving is hard. If you never have, it’s not something to take lightly. I haven’t moved nearly as many times as some people, but I have lived...