Thursday, August 20, 2020

Psalm 136


136:1b God’s love endures forever. 

Endures is defined two ways. First as to suffer something difficult or painful patiently. Secondly, to remain in existence. The first definition is an interesting thought, but still just as important as the second. God’s love does remain in existences. And it also has suffered for us, through something difficult. All the times we have rejected his love, he endured. He loved us patiently while he let Jesus die on the cross for us.

God loved us from the beginning of time. He loved us so much he created the world for us. He loved us so much, he delivered us from Egypt. He continues to love us each time we fall or turn away from him. His love will never change. We can search the world over twice, and will not find a love that will not falter. This Psalm reminds us 26 times that God’s love endures. Only the love of God will endure, only his love will never let us go. His love will be with us until our last day.

Lord, I am so thankful that your love is faithful and everlasting. I am blessed that you never gave up on me, no matter how many times I screwed up at at this life you gave me. For all the times I didn’t hold you high enough, I am sorry. Your love has gotten me through some terrible times. I am so happy to know you are near, and I pray that you will always be by my side. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lack of Friends

Moving is hard. If you never have, it’s not something to take lightly. I haven’t moved nearly as many times as some people, but I have lived...