Wednesday, August 26, 2020

Psalm 140



Psalm 140:4 Keep me, Lord, from the clutches of the wicked

David was a man used by God, he was the ancestor of Jesus. So we know God thought highly of him. But throughout Psalms, we read of him calling to God for help from the wicked. So we do know David was human. He made mistakes. He had to deal with evil things throughout his life. He had struggles. He had people who wanted to break him using their words. In other words, he was a lot like us. But David did not give up hope. He continued to seek God every day. 

Words can be knives to the heart. They are fire starters. People can use words out of jealousy to bring others down. I have been there. Hearing lies about yourself in a workplace can really bring you down, make you feel unwelcome. It did to me. After speaking with Christian coworkers, I just continued to do my job, do it correctly (as I always had) and trust in God. He had helped me get the job, so obviously I was meant to be there for some reason. I wouldn’t run away, because that would let the evil win. Pray for those who oppose you. It seems silly, but they need prayers. Something in their life is wrong, and they need prayers, and Jesus wants us to prayer for them. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Lack of Friends

Moving is hard. If you never have, it’s not something to take lightly. I haven’t moved nearly as many times as some people, but I have lived...