Thursday, August 27, 2020

Psalm 141



Psalm 141:3 Set a guard, Lord, before my mouth, a gatekeeper at my lips. 

David wanted the Lord to help him keep his mouth shut. David understood that his mouth must be used for prayer and praise, not hate and lies. 

Do you struggle with gossip, complaining, lying, slander or swearing? I don't have trouble with gossip as I once did. My struggle now is with complaining. I do my best not to complain out loud. I try my best to accept this role that God has put me in (keeper of the house), and I remind my children often to be thankful that we have clothes to wash, dishes to dry, and floors to sweep. Because not everyone has that. However, I am human. I fail often. Especially after I have put everything to wash, and find another sock under the sofa. Or another cup to wash after the kitchen is complete. I try hard to take these things to God, and praise him for the people in my house. But then I find myself complaining out loud about the lack of respect for our house. This is a battle for me. 

Lord, I pray you guard my mouth. Be a gatekeeper at my lips. You see my work. You alone can show me the praise I need. And allow that praise to fill my heart. Remind me to shut my mouth and seek glory at your gates. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lack of Friends

Moving is hard. If you never have, it’s not something to take lightly. I haven’t moved nearly as many times as some people, but I have lived...