Tuesday, August 4, 2020

Psalm 124


Psalm 124:8 Our help is the name of the Lord, the maker of heaven and earth.

In Psalm 121, we read ‘from where will my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, the maker of heaven and earth.’ And here we are reading a more definitive statement, that our help IS the name of the Lord. The people during the time of David’s rule had many deities that they would pray to for help. But David knew that when in a struggle, only calling the name of God would truly release us from the grasp of evil. 

There have been so many times God has answered my prayers. Several times, it may not have been exactly how I would have wanted them answered, but looking back it was the best way to be answered. I can now look back on these times, see what wisdom I have gained from them, and trust that when I pray to God that he will hear my prayer and answer me. He is my help in my times of need.

Lord, thank you for always answering my prayers. Thank you for helping me grow in wisdom to see that your answers were better than what I wanted, and that you are truly looking out for my well-being.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Lack of Friends

Moving is hard. If you never have, it’s not something to take lightly. I haven’t moved nearly as many times as some people, but I have lived...