Friday, August 14, 2020

Psalm 132



Psalm 132:12 If your sons observe my covenant, the laws I shall teach them, their sons in turn, shall sit forever on your throne.

In verse 2, we read that David swore to the Lord that until he could find a place for the ark to rest, he would not rest. In response, God made David an oath. That as long as his children observed Gods commands, they would also sit on the throne. God’s promise can also be found in 2 Samuel.
2 Samuel 7:16 Your house and your kingdom shall endure forever before me; your throne shall stand firm forever.

This promise God has made to David is for all of us. As long as we keep God’s commandments, he will keep his promises to us. We can read the promises he made all throughout the Bible. He promised goodness, and sent blessings to his people. He promised retribution, and sent plagues to his enemies. He is a keeper of promises. Knowing this, my heart is full of joy and faith in each step of life we take. Knowing that God will stay by my side as he said, I can give up my worries about the situation I am in. I have faith that he will protect me, according to his will. And most important, I know that as long as I remain faithful to him, he will welcome me home one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lack of Friends

Moving is hard. If you never have, it’s not something to take lightly. I haven’t moved nearly as many times as some people, but I have lived...