Tuesday, November 2, 2021

Slowing Down for Spiritual Growth (Psalm 23:3)

 Psalm 23:3 you restore my strength. You guide me alone the right path for the sake of your name.

This past year has definitely tried my strength. We knew we would be moving to Hattiesburg, MS, in the summer 2021 for over a year. But January 2021 is when it really started to kick into high gear. I worked diligently to get the house ready for the market. I continued to push forward when we had to get things fixed. And this was at the same time we were looking for a house to buy. Then the packing began. And realizing we had WAY too many things. I kept praying that if this was the path God wanted us to follow, to lead me through open doors. There were a few hiccups along the way, but I feel those were trials of faith. And they did not shake me. He kept me strong, physically, mentally, and spiritually. 

For his sake, he guided me on this path. Not for mine. The right path is the path of righteousness. Not just for my good, but for my holiness did He set this path out for me. To help me in my continued spiritual growth, he has given me new friends in Hattiesburg. It took me out of my comfort zone, but I followed where he lead me. 

Lord, thank you for the path you have chosen for us. Though I did doubt at first, I trusted in you and you continue to provide for me. You guided me for your sake, and I will praise your name. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Lack of Friends

Moving is hard. If you never have, it’s not something to take lightly. I haven’t moved nearly as many times as some people, but I have lived...