Wednesday, November 3, 2021

Slowing Down for Spiritual Growth (Psalm 23:4)

Psalm 23:4 Even when I walk through a dark valley, I fear no harm for you or at my side; your rod and staff give me courage.


We will all have darkness at one time or another in our lives. The verse says “when I walk through.” Meaning that is not our ending.  We are never alone. He never intended for us to be alone. Those dark days can be anything from lots of friends as a child, failing a test in college, losing a job as an adult, having a loved one die, your safety net moving away, finding out something has been kept a secret from you, or any evil that the devil has let loose in our path.  These dark periods occur in what are called valleys of our life. There are hills where the sun shines bright, and we feel joy and happiness. And then there are valleys where the sun doesn’t quite reach, as it is blocked by the hills that seems so high up and unattainable. The good news is that God is the God of both the hills and the valleys. Our faith helps us to know that even in those periods of directness, God is always with us. 

Lord, I thank you for bringing us out of the darkness time and time again. I praise your name for calling me. You are my shepherd, Lord, and I know you will continue to guide me. You will hold my hand. You will comfort me. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Lack of Friends

Moving is hard. If you never have, it’s not something to take lightly. I haven’t moved nearly as many times as some people, but I have lived...