Wednesday, November 10, 2021

Slowing Down for Spiritual Growth (Psalm 1:3)

Psalm 1:3 He is like a tree planted near streams of water, that yields its fruit in season; Its leaves never wither; whatever he does prospers. 

I read this commentary: "A tree by a river has a continual source of water. It will never wither away, because it is always getting what it needs. If we are constantly needy, it may be worth examining if we are planted by the rivers of water or not."

I thought this was a great explanation. If we are constantly looking for something to fill us, it is because we are not planting ourselves by God's water. If we want to be strong and steady, we need to be planted next to water that provides eternal nourishment. In John 4:14 Jesus tells us "but whoever drinks the water I shall give will never thirst; the water I shall give will become in him a spring of water welling up to eternal life."

Lord, I pray that I always feel the waters quench my thirst. I pray I don't begin to long for or search for things away from your love. I am blessed by your love. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Lack of Friends

Moving is hard. If you never have, it’s not something to take lightly. I haven’t moved nearly as many times as some people, but I have lived...