Wednesday, November 17, 2021

Slowing Down for Spiritual Growth (Psalm 40:3)

Psalm 40:3 And puts a new song in my mouth, a hymn to our God. Many shall look on in fear and they shall trust the Lord.

There are many times in situations where we don’t know what to say, so we don’t say anything. Instead of standing up when we know what is right, we are fearful of misspeaking. In those times, we should quickly pray that God puts the words in our mouth. When we use His words, we are singing His praise. He is putting a new song in our mouth. 

I don’t trust my emotions in certain situations, as I have gotten myself in trouble because of my short fuse and quick tongue. I am learning to turn to God and pray for his words when I get caught up in issues I usually blunder.  This happens with my kids, with friends, with previous coworkers, with family. I am more likely to actually let the words tumble out with my kids, which is a shame. This is where I REALLY need to ask God for pause and grace.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Lack of Friends

Moving is hard. If you never have, it’s not something to take lightly. I haven’t moved nearly as many times as some people, but I have lived...